Scandurra Architects maintains an interest in the increasingly challenging field of affordable housing.
As Architects, we offer a comprehensive project management service that no other building professional can provide.
We identify those challenges in this field to include the following:
- Achieving better urban design, with regard to accessibility, amenity & social inclusion;
- Denser housing;
- Smaller dwellings;
- Greater adaptability;
- Greater diversity;
- Lower cost materials & construction;
- Environmental, social & economic sustainability in dwellings & neighbourhoods;
- Customers & the general public need to embrace the new urbanism;
- Lower infrastructure costs, changes in government policy & assistance.
Ways in which Architects can respond to these challenges may include but not be limited to the following:
- Provision of high amenity apartments;
- Provision of smaller dwellings on smaller allotments;
- Adaptable housing;
- Social inclusion through mixed tenure, controlled spaces, pepper-n-salt developments, & excellent design;
- Embrace & influence industrial housing;
- Greater use of “customised uniformity”;
- Design & material selection embodies social, economic & environmental values & realities;
- Better strategic, structure & precinct planning;
- Public funding of infrastructure, tax reform, additional & better assistance on demand & supply sides.
The examples shown on this website demonstrate our responses to these challenges.